Thursday, February 27, 2014

Road Map

Greetings folks! Hope everyone is having a good week.

I've been thinking about how to proceed with my blog. There are many hot button issues I want to share my take on and current events will most certainly raise new issues in the future. I've decided to begin by laying some ground work and setting the tone in my first few posts.

My Objectives for Kentuckiana Blue:

  • Educate
  • Motivate readers to become engaged with the political process.
  • Encourage civility in political discourse.
  • Encourage adherence to a code of ethics when debating political issues.
  • Encourage open-mindedness and critical thinking concerning the issues and potential solutions to the problems facing us as a state and as a nation.
  • Provide resources for action and for further investigation.

My Code of Ethics:

  • My honesty is in my own best interest. If you find me to be dishonest, I've lost you as a reader. If you consistently find that I am being truthful, I will gain your trust and, hopefully, retain you as a reader. It's just that simple.
  • I will support my arguments with bipartisan/neutral sources as often as possible.
  • I will provide citations with links to my sources so that you can determine for yourself the trustworthiness of the source.
  • I will alert readers of any source I have cited that is known to embrace a left-leaning or right-leaning position.
  • If it comes to my attention that I have provided inaccurate information, I will issue a retraction as an addendum at the top of the post involved as well as a brief new blog post about the discrepancy. The post itself will remain in its original state for reference.

Tentative Outline of First Few Posts:

  • Links Every Well-Informed Voter Should Have
  • The Myth That Your Vote Doesn't Matter
  • Brief Refresher on the Founding Documents
  • Brief Refresher on the Three Branches of Government
  • A Closer Look at the Bill of Rights
  • -Isms and -Archies

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do moderate posts. Spam will be deleted. Verbal attacks of a personal nature against other posters will not be approved. Respectful debate always appreciated and encouraged.